[omniORB] CORBA::Double type corrouption issue in python omniORB

Amit Sharma amitrksharma at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:03:11 BST 2013

Hi,

   I am running into an issue with OmniORB4.1.2 and python omniORB 3.2.
In python code I create a variable

level = -60.0

then make a call to server which is running ACE+TAO on ARM with level
passed in as variable. Client is my PC running x86.
python call:
remoteobj.Set(level)

The servers ends up with
1.53454e-314 as the value that it got.
Server has a limit check and throws the exception as limits are set for
upper_limit = -50.0 and lower_limit = -110.0
when the client gets the exception it prints the limits as corroupted but
the val = -60.0

I do not know why the Doubles are having trouble. Integers are ok, Booleans
are ok as well.

-Amit