[omniORB] Having trouble building omniORB-4.1.4 on Linux RHEL 5.5

Jayanth Venkatraj jayanthv at cmsinc.com
Fri Sep 14 22:22:50 BST 2012

Thanks for your replies, I figured out what the problem was.

As Duncan mentioned, icc wasn't using the libstc++  library by default, even though the PATH for it was included in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So, I made CC= "icc -lstdc++ "

And also as Tim mentioned, the CXX should be "icpc -lstdc++" and not icc.

The other problem I had was, the python executable on this system was a 64 bit, I had to compile the 32 bit executable, and used it for configure in omniORB4.1.4

Thanks,
Jay Venkatraj