[omniORB] activate_object() is crashing in win7

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Sep 14 11:02:25 BST 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 17:22 +0530, Sabuja... wrote:

> My application is running fine in WinXP but its crashing in Win7 at
> below point:

> PortableServer::ObjectId_var   specific_id;
> specific_id = _poa->activate_object(specific);

> If I am not assigning to specific_id, then its not crashing.

In what way does it crash?  Are you sure that omniORB and your
application code are compiled with the same compiler options?  It sounds
like this issue:

http://www.omniorb-support.com/omniwiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Q._On_Windows.2C_my_omniORB_program_crashes_with_a_crtIsValidHeapPointer_exception._Why.3F