[omniORB] memory leak in omniORB-4.1.x

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Oct 29 10:42:44 GMT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 15:36 +0200, Serguei Kolos wrote:

> I believe I have found a memory leak in the omniORB-4.1.6 (which exists
> also in the previous
> versions).

How do you observe the leak?

> The giopServer class maintains the list of connectionState objects for
> each opened connection,
> but the issue is that objects are never removed from that list, even if
> a connection is closed.

The workers _are_ removed from the list. There are several places in
giopServer.cc that call w->remove(). Those calls are removing workers
from the list. If you are seeing a leak, it's a more subtle situation
than just that the list is never emptied.

That said, there is no current need for the code to keep track of the
workers in that list, and the logic is unnecessarily complicated. The
whole connection management approach could do with being refactored, not
just this aspect of it.