[omniORB] omniidl help

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Oct 9 10:47:36 BST 2012

On Sun, 2012-09-23 at 13:06 +0200, Graf László wrote:

>  This is my first attempt to use omniorb to connect a C++ client to an
>  EJB3 stateless session bean.
>  The bean used by other J2EE components and the containing EAR was
>  deployed into a JBoss 5.
>
>  The IDL files are in a folder structure like

[...]
>  How should I call the omniidl to compile all my IDLs without specifying
>  one by one all IDL files?

You can't tell omniidl to do that directly. Your best bet would be to
concatenate them all together.

That said, I think that once you've got past that hurdle, you'll find
that the IDL is all invalid. The IDL generated by the Java2IDL tool
isn't actually valid IDL. In my experience, it's not actually possible
to talk to Java beans via standard CORBA.