[omniORB] Query - Regarding Limitations of CORBA

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Fri Oct 5 12:50:13 BST 2012

Hi,
 > I  am trying to understand various features of CORBA.
>
> Coming across a query -
> Are there any limitations associated with CORBA ?
>
> In case of remote call, it blocks the thread  and wait for reply  to be received.
> Some people claim that it is inefficient and major limitation of CORBA.
>
> It it true really with CORBA ?

It is more an implementation issue of the ORB you are using. I can't
speak for omniORB, but in case of TAO this is not true, the thread isn't
blocked by default, but we have policies to change it to blocking, for
some applications it is easier/safer to use than not blocking.

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
http://www.orbzone.org