[omniORB] Visual Studio 2008 level 4 compiler warnings

Martin B. 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Wed May 2 21:23:41 BST 2012

On 02.05.2012 13:11, Richard Pitts wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are using OmniORB 4.1.5 for Visual Studio 2008 and have recently
> changed our compiler warning level to 4 (highest). Unfortunately the
> compiler is reporting a lot of C4127 and C4512 warnings for OmniORB. We
> appreciate these are not important but it would be nice to compile
> against OmniORB warning free.

I guess omniORB is just the tip of the iceberg.

Personally, I consider Warning Level 4 to be pretty impractical exactly
because of these annoyances with basically all 3rd party libs I ever
encountered. I rather prefer to just enable a very few select L4 warnings.

Not sayin' omniORB's sources couldn't be improved there, ... I've also
asked for something rather similar a while back
(http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2010-July/030672.html)
... and then shame on me didn't get round to put a patch together.

cheers,
Martin