[omniORB] Can not find naming service if Omninames use diffrent port other than default port.

Chang, Quansheng (NAM RC-CA IC-MOL IL ENG1) Laurence.Chang at siemens.com
Fri Jul 27 15:25:43 BST 2012

Hi

I'm learning the OmniORB. I'm using OmniORB-4.1.6 on XP pro 32 bit and VC 9.0.

When I started omniNmaes with default port number and run the echo3 example without any problem.  But if I start the naming service on other port ( for example: omniNames -start 1050), the echo3 program does not work anymore.

It seems it failed at

// Narrow the reference returned.

rootContext = CosNaming::NamingContext::_narrow(obj);

It throws "Caught system exception TRANSIENT".

Any suggestions to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Laurence Chang

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation