[omniORB] Compliance with Minimum CORBA

Roger Barnett Roger.Barnett at globalgraphics.com
Tue Jul 10 22:49:21 BST 2012

As an aside, the original impetus behind the Minimum CORBA spec was to facilitate
use on 'limited resource' embedded systems, e.g. 1MB or less of available memory
(which may give an idea of when the idea was first raised).

IIRC there was an expectation that it would be superseded eventually by various
QoS facilities which at that time were at the hand waving stage; i.e. nodes would
have a way of negotiating a common feature subset as and when necessary.

Roger Barnett