[omniORB] Compliance with Minimum CORBA

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Jul 10 18:52:07 BST 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-05 at 06:28 +0000, binod pal wrote:

> I would like know whether it is possible to comply omniORB code with
> respect to Minimum CORBA specification.
> If yes, than how difficult or easy the task is ?.

omniORB doesn't support the Minimum CORBA spec. You could of course take
the code and cut things out until you match Minimum CORBA, but that
would be quite a lot of work.

When I look at the Minimum CORBA spec, the things that make it "minimum"
seem very arbitrary, and the missing bits are not, on the whole, the
things that make a CORBA implementation big. I think a far more valuable
piece of work to do for omniORB would be to allow flexible configuration
of subsets of behaviour that are appropriate for particular
applications. Picking one particular subset and calling that the
"minimum" doesn't seem especially helpful.

Why do you ask?