[omniORB] JACOrb Server and OmniORB Client connection

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Feb 15 15:38:24 GMT 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 14:25 +0100, T. Le Flour wrote:

[...]
>      . The JacORB server registers itself to omniNames. By looking the
> name server content, it seems the registration works correctly.
>      . From the OmniORB client, I get the JacORB client reference via
> Omninames. By looking to the server IOR, everything seems to be
> correctly set(IP, Port , Type ID,...)
>      . When i want to narrow the object reference , i got the message :
>              omniORB: ERROR -- the application attempted to invoke an
> operation on a nil reference. terminate called after throwing an
> instance of 'CORBA::INV_OBJREF'

That implies that you are using _narrow to narrow the object reference,
then you are immediately trying to invoke a method on it?  Is that
right?  If so, the problem is that the object does not have the expected
interface, so _narrow returns nil.

Perhaps JacORB and omniORB have a different view of the repository ids
of the interfaces?