[omniORB] OmniORB 4.1.6 packaged in Fedora and EPEL

Haïkel Guémar haikel.guemar at sysfera.com
Thu Feb 2 09:58:36 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm a software engineer @ sysfera where i work on DIET an open source
grid middleware originally created (and still maintained) by Eddy Caron
and Frédéric Desprez.
As part of our effort to package DIET in various GNU/Linux
distributions, we submitted omniORB 4.1.6 as an official package in
Fedora and EPEL repositories.
You can now install omniORB on Fedora 15/16/17 and RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x
by using yum:
yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install
omniORB{,-devel,-servers,-utils,-doc}

An initscript is provided on RHEL/CentOS and a systemd unit to integrate
omniNames into your services manager.
To enable omniNames at startup on Fedora 15+:
systemctl enable omniNames.service
systemctl start omniNames.service
on RHEL 5.x/6.x
chkconfig omniNames on
service start omniNames

DIET will be an official feature of the upcoming Fedora 17 "Beefy Miracle".

best regards,
H.

--
Haïkel Guémar