[omniORB] Could not find openssl/ssl.h when rebuild omniORB.

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 21 13:48:53 GMT 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 13:59 -0600, Chang, Quansheng (NAM RC-CA IC-MOL
LAS ENG1) wrote:

[...]
> 4. Select  platform = x86_win32_vs_10 in config.mk
>
> 5. Uncomment PYTHON = $(ABSTOP)/$(BINDIR)/omnipython in
> x86_win32_vs_10.mk.
>
> 6. change directory to D:\omniORB-4.1.6\src and run make export
>
> It failed at compiling ssl components. It could not find
> openssl/ssl.h.

You must have also uncommented the OPEN_SSL_ROOT setting in
x86_win32_vs_10.mk. That told it you wanted to build with SSL support.

> I compiled omniORB with Visual Studio 2008 and Windows 7 and did not
> have any problem. I searched my Windows 7 computer and there is no
> openssl/ssl.h either. Please help me, did I miss any configuaration?

If you don't need the SSL transport, simply comment out the setting of
OPEN_SSL_ROOT in x86_win32_vs_10.mk. If you do need SSL support, you
need to get OpenSSL (see http://www.openssl.org/ ) and then configure
omniORB to point to it.