[omniORB] Help: Narrow reference does not work but Unchecked_Narrow works, what can cause this problem

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Aug 14 13:51:01 BST 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 08:52 -0500, Chang, Quansheng (NAM RC-CA IC-MOL IL
ENG1) wrote:

> I can register my interface and resolve it  and narrow it without any
> problem. But I cannot narrow the interface reference from the third
> party. I have to use _unchecked_narrow.

The two ends disagree about the repository ids for the interfaces. Every
interface has a repository id that is used during narrowing. e.g. for
this IDL:

module Example {
  interface Test {};
};

The repository id of the Test interface is "IDL:Example/Test:1.0".
Somehow you don't have matching repository ids.

One way to see the repository ids is to get the text form of the IORs
with orb->object_to_string() and then give it to the catior tool.