[omniORB] Windows 7 configuration to use NamingService

Thomas Pedot tpedot at epsilon-alcen.com
Thu Apr 5 14:55:48 BST 2012

Hi,
I am a new user of CORBA. I need to understand how it works since I will
use Code_Salome and YACS module (which will be a CORBA server).

I want to make this tutorial work on my machine.
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/CORBA.html

I was able to make it works on :
1 - Ubuntu with server and client on the same machine. InitRef is well
defined in /etc/omniORB.cfg
2 - Run the client on Ubuntu and communicate with the server on windows 7.
For this case, I give InitRef directly with the option -ORBInitRef. I
launch the server with cmd or cygwin without any problem.

3 - I try to launch the client on windows side with -ORBInitRef and it
doesnot work.
4 - I try to configure the registery without sucess.
5 - I try to make an export OMNIORB_CONFIG=/etc/omniORB.cfg in cygwin
without sucess...

Note :
On Linux and Cygwin I comment out the following two directives:

   - supportPerThreadTimeOut
   - poaUniquePersistentSystemIds

So, as you can see I have some difficulties to make the good configuration.
This question may be related to 'how Windows use registery?"

I pretty good with unix env. I am a windows learner .

Thanks in advance for your sugestion.

Thomas PEDOT

EPSILON Ingénierie
Immeuble Technoparc 10 - 10 rue Jean Bart
BP 97431 - 31674 Labège Cedex - FRANCE
Email : tpedot at epsilon-alcen.com
Web : www.epsilon-alcen.com, www.rebeca3d.com, www.epsilon-b2b.com