[omniORB] Multi-profile IOR

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Sep 29 12:42:40 BST 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 13:32 +0400, Tatiana Lazareva wrote:

[...]
>         This is a JacORB naming service.
>         [TL] Yes, I know. Also, I know that server use jacORB and I
>         have the example of dual and single IOR from. But I have no
>         access to customer server and because of it I should generate
>         my own IOR with my IP addresses.

I don't understand what you are doing. Can you be really clear
step-by-step what exactly you are doing?

>         Please get a trace from your client with -ORBtraceLevel 25.
>         That will
>         show what's going on.
>         [TL] I use my own client implemented using th omniORB library.
>         I can not have logs that you need.

Why can't you provide the logs from your client?!  The client is where
the problem appears, so if we can't see that, we have no way to help
understand the issue.

>          May be you mean server logs? I can configure this parameter
>         for omniORB server and for dual IOR it does not receive
>         anything. But for single IOR (the registration is performed)
>         and the server log look like this:

That shows a perfectly happy looking omniNames...

[...]
>                 omniORB: Version: 4.1.4
>                 omniORB: Distribution date: Sun Jul 19 18:35:23 BST
>                 2009 dgrisby
>                 omniORB: Skip link local address
>                 fe80::203:baff:fe57:5e9d on interface bge0.

This is why I'm surprised that you have an IOR with a link local address
in it -- omniORB specifically excludes them. I guess you manually built
an IOR with the link-local address in?