[omniORB] omniORB running in Cray XT4 without some glibc functions

Dany De Cecchis ddececchis at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 21 19:08:08 BST 2011

Hello,

I am using omniORB library version 4.1.6 in a HPC machine, a XT 4 machine
(Franklin at NERSC).

The problem is that in the production nodes, a limited system call library
is used. So, I don't have access to function like getpwuid() function.

Actually, I am getting this warning message:

omniORB/lib/libomniORB4.a(unixTransportImpl.o): In function
`omni::unixTransportImpl::toEndpoint(char const*)':
unixTransportImpl.cc:(.text+0x408): warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically
linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc
version used for linking

I know that I will not have that function available when I launch a program
using the library.

Do you have any alternative, or there is a way to turn those function calls
off?

Thanks,

Dany