[omniORB] omniNames and multiple network interfaces

ext.erik.yderborg at se.transport.bombardier.com ext.erik.yderborg at se.transport.bombardier.com
Thu Nov 10 16:53:40 GMT 2011

Hi,

I run omniNames on Solaris, with multiple network interfaces. The primary
IF picked by omniNames by default, is a private one (192.x..), not
accessable from the outside.
To work around this I have realized I need to use -ignoreport and
ORBendPoint (I use port 10111):

omniNames -start 10111 -ignoreport -ORBendPoint giop:tcp:10.9.8.7:10111

My question is: Is it possible to have omniNames work the same way as
above, without supplying the ip hard coded?
This would be useful since omniNames will be run by a script on different
machines.

I have tried '-ORBendPoint giop:tcp::10111', but then omniNames tries to
communicate with its clients on the private ip. This is strange since the
clients connect on the public ip.

Br
Erik

Please consider the environment before you print / Merci de penser à
l'environnement avant d'imprimer / Tänk på miljön innan du skriver ut

This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
or privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
entity named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please
notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply
e-mail, and delete the e-mail subsequently. Please note that in order to
protect the security of our information systems an AntiSPAM solution is in
use and will browse through incoming emails.
Thank you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message (ainsi que le(s) fichier(s)), transmis par courriel, peut
contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés et est destiné à
l?usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est, par
les présentes, avisée qu?il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si vous l?avez reçu par inadvertance,
veuillez nous en aviser et détruire ce message. Veuillez prendre note
qu'une solution antipollupostage (AntiSPAM) est utilisée afin d'assurer la
sécurité de nos systèmes d'information et qu'elle furètera les courriels
entrants.
Merci.