[omniORB] [beginner] pass typedef argument in python

Aryeh Leib Taurog vim at aryehleib.com
Mon Nov 7 08:39:45 GMT 2011

I am very new to omniORB and I'm trying to translate some java code to
python.  I'm using the ubuntu 10.04 packages.

I have something like the following in my idl:

module Baseball {
  typedef sequence<string<12>, 1000> PlayersGroup;
  interface PlayerStatsManager {
     any GetStatsForGroup(in any group);
  };
};

The java code looks something like this:

org.omg.CORBA.Any getStats(String[] players) {
    org.omg.CORBA.Any playerList = _orb.create_any();
    PlayersGroupHelper.insert(playerList, players);
    return _statsMgr.GetStatsForGroup(playersList);
}

How would I do this with omniORB in python?

Thanks in advance,
Aryeh Leib Taurog