[omniORB] IDL to Python language mapping update?

Brian Neal bgneal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 07:53:02 GMT 2011

Replying to myself here.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Brian Neal <bgneal at gmail.com> wrote:

> * Along those lines, perhaps use named tuples for IDL structs?

Wow, that won't work. Scratch that one.

> I'm eager to see Duncan's list.

Any thoughts on this effort Duncan?

> I'd have to review the existing spec to look for more opportunities.

I was thinking about the best way to approach rev. 2 of the spec. Do
we start with the existing spec and just rework sections, or is a
brand new document needed? I've always thought the original spec is
fairly good from a user point of view; I don't know about from a CORBA
ORB implementer perspective. Is the original spec author still
involved in CORBA and Python? If we don't envision massive changes
perhaps we just rework the original spec.

Who else should be approached about this effort? Someone suggested
posting in comp.object.corba. Are the GNOME folks still using PyOrbit
or is that project dead?

Thanks,
BN