[omniORB] _omniidlmodule.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Pearl Rothman prothman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:53:21 BST 2011

Hi,

I am new to CORBA and working on red-had linux client release 5.3, version
2.6.18-128.el5.

I downloaded omniORB-4.1.0-2.i386.rpm and installed it.

When I try to compile a sample in omniorb documentation, I get the following
error.

omniidl -bcxx echo.idl

omniidl: ERROR!

omniidl: Could not open IDL compiler module _omniidlmodule.so
omniidl: Please make sure it is in directory /usr/lib
omniidl: (or set the PYTHONPATH environment variable)

omniidl: (The error was '/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_omniidlmodule.so:
wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32')

Can you please help,

Thanks,
Pearl Rothman