[omniORB] Patch for OpenVMS

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Jun 21 00:15:11 BST 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 09:04 -0400, Bruce Visscher wrote:

> Attached, please find a patch that applies to omniORB 4.1.5, a patch
> that applies to omniORBpy 3.5.  These files are primarily for the
> OpenVMS(*) platform.

Thanks, Bruce!

[...]
> I also made some changes in the way exceptions are thrown from the
> omniORB library.  Rather than having a macro that calls a function
> that throws and exception, I modified the function to return the
> exception and the macro to throw the result.

I have already made a similar change to the 4.2 branch (trunk in svn).
Unfortunately, the change cannot be made in 4.1.x because it breaks
binary compatibility. What I've done instead is to make it optional in
4.1, and enabled it by default only for VMS. That will only break binary
compatibility in VMS, so maybe that's ok?

I've applied the rest of your tweaks, with a few small changes, to the
4.1 branch. I'm planning to release 4.1.6 within the next couple of
weeks, so please can you check the current svn contents to ensure
they're ok?

> I was also going to send an updated etc/openvms.zip file but gmail
> brokenly thinks that zip files are executable files so it won't let
> me.  I will have to find another way.

If you're not able to email it, I can arrange somewhere for you to FTP
it.

Thanks,