[omniORB] Installation failure running ./configure

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jul 14 18:29:18 BST 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 16:17 +0200, Jonathan Camilleri wrote:

> I am trying to install omniORB-4.1.6 on a CentOS 5.3 virtual machine,
> and, so far I have extracted the install files, and ran the following
> commands:

> ./configure - not within a separate build sub-directory

Is "not within a separate build sub-directory" a message you received?
It's best practice to use a separate build directory, but it's not
essential.

> make - error is displayed: no targets speicified and no makefile
> found.

Presumably that's because the configure script didn't work.

> Attached config.log.

You don't appear to have a C++ compiler installed, which is a bit of a
problem for a C++ package:

configure:2997: checking for g++
configure:3027: result: no
configure:2997: checking for c++