[omniORB] Compiling

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jan 14 17:04:52 GMT 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 12:39 +0000, David Newcomb wrote:

> I am trying to build omniORBpy against VC9 and Python 2.7 and have run
> into a couple of issues.
>
> I chose the latest version of omniORBpy-3.5.
> omniORB-4.1.5 doesn't have a win32 vc9 version so I'm using
> omniORB-4.1.4-x86_win32-vs9(.zip). The README says that everything is
> pre-built so not much to do there (hurray).

Although it will probably work to build omniORBpy 3.5 against omniORB
4.1.4, it is not how it is meant to be used, and nobody has tested it.
You should use omniORB 4.1.5.

You need to build omniORB yourself.

> The README in omniORBpy says to place the omniORBpy-3.5 folder into
> omniORB-4.1.4-x86_win32-vs9/src/lib/omniORBpy ($TOP/src/lib) and
> change to that folder ($TOP/src/lib/omniORBpy) and do a make export.
>
> Firstly, there is no make command so I used nmake, second there is no
> makefile so I had to use the -f option and thirdly, the thing didn't
> seem to like it anyway.

You need to use Cygwin and GNU make. Look at the instructions in
README.win32.txt in the omniORB tree.