[omniORB] Compiling

Martin B. 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Tue Jan 11 13:59:21 GMT 2011

On 11.01.2011 13:39, David Newcomb wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to build omniORBpy against VC9 and Python 2.7 and have run
> into a couple of issues.
>
> I chose the latest version of omniORBpy-3.5.
> omniORB-4.1.5 doesn't have a win32 vc9 version so I'm using
> omniORB-4.1.4-x86_win32-vs9(.zip). The README says that everything is
> pre-built so not much to do there (hurray).
>
> The README in omniORBpy says to place the omniORBpy-3.5 folder into
> omniORB-4.1.4-x86_win32-vs9/src/lib/omniORBpy ($TOP/src/lib) and change
> to that folder ($TOP/src/lib/omniORBpy) and do a make export.
>
> Firstly, there is no make command so I used nmake, second there is no
> makefile so I had to use the -f option and thirdly, the thing didn't
> seem to like it anyway.

The omniORB (C++) distribution comes with a README.win32.txt file, that,
among other stuff contains the following:
   Building omniORB from the source files
   ======================================
   ... Alternatively, you can download a cutdown version from:
     http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/att_packages/gnu-win32-lite.zip
   The utilities in this version are all you need to build omniORB.
   D. Building and installing
   Go into the directory <top>\src and type 'make export'. If all

I would have assumed that you need the same tools to build omniORBpy,
but I have never built neither of the two myself, so I may be wrong.

cheers,
Martin