[omniORB] How can I wait for object deactivation with deactivate_object() ?

Martin B. 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Mon Jan 3 17:41:28 GMT 2011

Hi!

I'm using the omniINSPOA to activate one CORBA object, but at the point
where I want to "destroy" the object I want only to deactivate this
object but keep the omniINSPOA running.

For objects in "normal" POA, I have always simply used
   PortableServer::POAManager_var pman ...
   pman->deactivate(true, true);
to simply wait for all objects and destroy them (implicitly via
ServantBase::_remove_ref())

Now, if I do not want to destroy the POA (manager), I can only call
deactivate_object(..) for my omniINS object, but this does not allow for
waiting until all requests have terminated.

Any tips?

cheers,
Martin