[omniORB] Service Required is invalid (Naming service example) Meaning ?? Help needed..

Rajesh Khan rajeshkhan808 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 02:36:30 GMT 2011

Hi.. So I  managed to reach the 3rd naming service example and when i run
the server I get the output
*
Service required is invalid [does not exist]*

I wonder why i am getting that .. here is the value i inserted in the
server code eg3_impl
obj = orb->resolve_initial_references("corbaname::Joes-PC");

Why did i insert Joes-PC ? because in regedit here is the registry entry

Value name:
1
Value data
NameService=corbaname::Joes-PC

How do i know the naming service is running ?? is there a way to determine
if the service is active ??