[omniORB] Problem building first example is this configuration correct ? Newbie

Rajesh Khan rajeshkhan808 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:20:06 GMT 2011

So I downloaded omniorb and am attempting to build the echo example. I
Generated the .hh and SK files and included them in my project.

According to the documentation that shipped with Omniorb in
Readme.win32.txt it says to include the following in additional dependancies
ws2_32.lib, mswsock.lib, advapi32.lib, omniORB410_rt.lib,
omniDynamic410_rt.lib, omnithread32_rt.lib
I however included thefollowing (The bold ones are different .. since i
cant seem to find the recommended libraries)
ws2_32.lib,mswsock.lib,advapi32.lib*,omniORB4_rt.lib*,*omniDynamic4_rt.lib*,
*
omnithread_rt.lib,omniORB414_rtd.lib,omniDynamic4_rtd.lib,omnithread_rtd.lib
*

I included the following preprocessors :
__WIN32__;__x86__;_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400;__NT__;__OSVERSION__=4

And I am using VS2010,Win7 now when I build it an exe file does get
generated but when i run it , I get the message
*"The program cant start because omniORB414_vc10_rt.dll is missing from
your computer , Try reinstalling the prgram"*

I hav double checked and the dll file does exist and in Visual Studio 2010
my compiler is also provided with the path to the dlls in *Linker >>
General >> Additional Library directories*
So any ideas why my exe generated from eg1.cc wont run ?? Suggestions ???