[omniORB] omniidl Failure

lcreeve at rockwellcollins.com lcreeve at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Aug 22 11:13:37 BST 2011

We have seen an occasionally recurring problem when trying to run omniidl
on Windows XP. On one system it runs fine, and on another we see this
error when omniidl is entered at a command prompt:

      'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
      Warning!  Falling back to string-based exception
      Traceback (innermost last):
        File "<string>", line 1, in ?
      ImportError: No module named os

In both cases the omniORB distribution is identical, and Python27 is
installed. The environment variable OMNIORB_HOME is defined, and the Path
has the following added to it:

        %OMNIORB_HOME%\bin\x86_win32

The environment also defines

        PYTHONPATH=C:\Python27

Does anyone know what we might be missing?

Thanks,

Larry