EXTERNAL:Re: [omniORB] OmniORB on a Win 64 machine.

Obermaier, Stephen J (IS) stephen.obermaier at ngc.com
Thu Sep 30 09:45:49 BST 2010

Thanks, I'll give this a shot.  FYI one of the things I did discover is that Win64 machines have parallel registry keys, one set for x64 applications, and one set for x32 applications.  So when you install the 32-bit omniORB on a x64 machine, the sample registry file must be modified so that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\omniORB registry keys are also migrated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\omniORB or the 32-bit ORB won't see them.  So with this fix, I can at least get the correct NS Initref, but there are still some issues passing objects around that I need to track down.

Steve O.

Northrop Grumman
Mission Systems