[omniORB] OmniORB on a Win 64 machine.

Obermaier, Stephen J (IS) stephen.obermaier at ngc.com
Fri Sep 24 16:07:27 BST 2010

Howdy!

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this particular problem:

When I run omniNames on a Windows Server 2003 box (x64 version), the
names server seems to run just fine, but I cannot resolve the Names IOR
when running a local application on the same machine.  The strange thing
is, if I run an application on another machine on the network (i.e. a
workstation running XP-SP3, x32), it can resolve the Names IOR (from the
Server box) just fine.  I've confirmed that the IOR registry setting is
correct on the server box, so that doesn't seem to be an issue.

I am simply using the omniORB 4.1.4 binaries from the website (although
I'm tempted to just rebuild the ORB under x64, just to see what
happens).

It would be awfully strange if there is some Server 2003 Policy that
would prevent a locally run application from getting to the assigned
omniNames port number but hey, it is Windows!

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanx,

Steve O.

Stephen J. Obermaier