[omniORB] config.status: error: cannot find input file: idl/COS/GNUmakefile.in

Asif Habib asif_hbb at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:56:55 BST 2010

Hello List,

I am trying to build omniORB 4.1.4 on Fedora kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7.  I'm using the proceeder available in the README.unix file of the omniORB 4.1.4. However the "./configure" command fails with following error:

config.status: error: cannot find input file: idl/COS/GNUmakefile.in

I have checked for the "idl/COS/GNUmakefile.in" file, and it is present in the said location. Can any body help me out that why is "./configure" unable to find the said GNUmakefile.in.

Secondly the build procedure described in README.unix also "compiling" the source code? I mean to say that if I add some new code or try to change something in the omniORB, will the said build procedure compile the new source code and generate updated/new "***.so" libraries?

I beg your pardon, I am really new to Linux compiling.

Best Regards,
Asif Habib