[omniORB] Compilation error using g++ in 64-bit Linux 2.4.21

Sankar S Salvady sankarasubramanian.s at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 16:40:35 BST 2010

Sorry Tom, didnt realize that 'Reply' to the mail sends it only to you.

Regarding your reply , I do not have any 'Long double' in my IDL file, I
have only 'long' . The error message suggests that the undefined 'long
double' are from the files in the INCLUDE directory, not in files generated
from my idl

Is there something wrong in my compilation (Makefile below) ?

CC            = /usr/bin/c++
CPPFLAGS      = -g -c
LDFLAGS       = -g
OMNI_HOME     = /filer_build/ssalvady/buildreleases/usr/omniORB-4.0.5
OMNI_INCLUDES = -I$(OMNI_HOME)/include
OMNI_LIB_DIR  = $(OMNI_HOME)/lib
OMNIIDL       = $(OMNI_HOME)/bin/omniidl
INCLUDES      = $(OMNI_INCLUDES)
LIBS          = -lomniORB4 -lomnithread -lomniDynamic4
OBJECTS       = channelAttributes.o channelAttributesImpl.o server.o

all: $(OBJECTS)
 $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o server -L$(OMNI_HOME)/lib $(OBJECTS) $(LIBPATH) $(LIBS)

channelAttributes.o: channelAttributes.cxx channelAttributes.h
 $(CC) $(CPPFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) -L$(OMNI_HOME)/lib channelAttributes.cxx

server.o: server.cc channelAttributes.h
$(CC) $(CPPFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) server.cc

channelAttributesImpl.o: channelAttributesImpl.cc channelAttributesImpl.h
channelAttributes.h
$(CC) $(CPPFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) channelAttributesImpl.cc

channelAttributes.cxx: channelAttributes.idl
$(OMNI_HOME)/bin/omniidl -bcxx -Wbh=.h channelAttributes.idl

Thanks
Sankar