[omniORB] How to make the ior or the object ref unique in distributed env?

nux4cup zhu.rene at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 12:00:46 GMT 2010

Thanks Duncan for the follow up...

Basically, we need to be able to tell the difference between the remote
objects (of the same type, defined by the same idl) that the clients pass to
the server.  In other words, client A constructs a CORBA object of type A,
passes its reference to the server for call back.  Client B constructs a
CORBA object of type A as well at a later time, passes the CORBA reference
to server.

On the server side, we need to differentiate that the object passed from
client A is different from the one from client B.  We are planning to use
the IOR or the _isequivalent() method.  The issues here is, if both clients
are running within their respective private network with IPv4 address, say
their network addresses are the same with 192.168.0.1, and just happen that
they have the same ports, then can we still safely rely on the IOR to tell
the difference?  the catior has revealed that the ip addr and the ports are
the only significant pieces that we can rely on to tell the diff.  Please
advise.

Thanks,
rene