[omniORB] Trouble building OmniOrb 4.1.4 on Linux

Igor Polonsky polonsig at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 20:35:52 BST 2010

Duncan, thanks for your reply.

Yeah, it makes sense to me.  And I've since learnt that older versions of gcc will issue such warnings even if the non-virtual destructor is protected.

BTW, I've since been able to port our CORBA clients to Linux/OmniORB.  The resulting app seems to works fine.  It interoperates well with our ancient naming service.  I haven't done any large-scale tests yet, but I'm optimistic.  In our client apps, only one thread at a time is allowed to use CORBA.  I think that's a relatively easy use case.

So far, I am very much impressed with your product.  Kudos to you and everybody else who's contributed to it!

Igor