[omniORB] A strange IP address appear in omniORB log

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Mar 19 16:28:37 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 00:08 +0800, jianping jia wrote:

> I have one distributed application that run on two servers(port 66666
> is defined for INSPOA). Always, it cannot continue communication after
> a time period of normal running.

[...]
> Appreciate if any one can tell me what cause the problem.
> I suspect something like connection leakage cause the  correct port
> cannot be used, but what can cause that? Besides, why a strange IP
> address 172.50.10.102:6666(the IP of two servers are 172.50.10.1 and
> 172.50.10.2 respectviely) appears when error occurs?

What version of omniORB are you using?

It looks as though you are referring to your server by name. Does the
name resolve to 172.50.10.102 as well as 172.50.10.1?  Alternatively,
where does the object reference for the server come from?  An object
reference can contain more than one address.

The TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed exception means the opening a TCP connection
failed. What is happening on the server at the time the error occurs?
Normally connection failures are due to the server no longer listening.