[omniORB] multi-tier architecture with different endpoints

Burton, Craig crburton at tnsi.com
Fri Jun 25 16:08:18 BST 2010

Good afternoon,

We are attempting to launch an omniORB server process on a machine in the back office that registers itself with omniNames in the front office.  The front office is accessible via a virtual IP.  While the core functionality of the application is working in this configuration, using endPointPublish, we are running into difficulty with an "admin" servant that needs to be available in the back office only.

We can not figure out how to make one public servant believe that it is listening on the VIP, while the other servant can listen on the physical IP of the back office.  Is there a way to do this, either with a configuration setting or changes to source code?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.