[omniORB] How to Run server and client on diffirent machines

Hung Ta Viet viethungth99 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 22:34:04 BST 2010

Hello,

You can run Corba client and server on different machines by:
1.Copy the client exe to any machine which can reach the other on the network
2. Start the name service on the corba server, this server also contains the corba app exe
3. Start the corba app server exe on the server machine. e.g. ServerCorbaExample -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname:iiop:<IP address of the server machine>:2809/NameService  --> these command lines will be pass to argv[] of main() function of the corba server app code to start the corba
4. On the client, start corba client app exe with the URL pointing to the corba server. e.g.
 ClientCorbaExample -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname:iiop:<IP address of
the server machine>:2809/NameService  --> these command lines will be pass to argv[] of main() function of
the corba server app code to start the corba and connect to corba server app.

Notes: in this case i use the Name Service. If you want to use the stringifiedIOR, you can copy it from the corba server to corba client

Regards,
Hung