[omniORB] who can help me?? --about how to build omniorb source code

Hung Ta Viet viethungth99 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 02:31:23 BST 2010

Hello,

If you read the README.win32.txt carefully, you'll get the point. I've also followed it and felt no problem.

Btw, I pick up some main points (extracted from that file), please follow correctly:

Before building anything (or running the examples), you should refer
to the omniORB documentation. In particular, you must configure the
naming service as described above.

To configure your project to us the omniORB DLLs, follow these steps:

a) Add the stub (SK.cpp) files generated by the IDL compiler to the project
   (Insert->"Files into Project")

b) Set up the search paths for include and library files:

   1. Under Tools->Options, select the Directories tab.
   2. In the "Show directories for" box, select "Include files".
   3. Add the directory where you installed the omniORB include files to the
       list (this is <Top-Level Directory>\include).
   4. In the "Show directories for" box, select "Library files".
   5. Add the directory where you installed the omniORB library files to the
       list (this is <Top-Level Directory\lib\x86_win32).

c) Set up macros and libraries:

    1. Under Build->Settings, select the "C/C++" tab.
    2. In the "Category" box, select "C++ Language". Tick the
        "Enable exception handling" box.
    3. In the "Category" box, select "Code Generation". In the
        "Use run-time library" box, select "Multithreaded DLL".
    4. **This is an important step.**
       In the "Category" box, select "Preprocessor". In the
       "Preprocessor" box, add the macros

          __WIN32__,__x86__,_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400

       If this is NT 4.0, Windows 2000 or XP (or something later), add
       the macros __NT__ and __OSVERSION__=4 as well.

    5. Select the "Link" tab.

    6. In the "Category" box, select "Input". In the "Object/library
       modules" box, add the following libraries: ws2_32.lib,
       mswsock.lib, advapi32.lib, omniORB410_rt.lib,
       omniDynamic410_rt.lib, omnithread32_rt.lib

       If you are building a debug executable, the debug version of
       the libraries: omniORB410_rtd.lib, omniDynamic410_rtd.lib and
       omnithread32_rtd.lib should be used.

And MAKE SURE that <Top-Level Directory>\bin\x86_win32 is in your PATH environment.
If it fail at what step, please let me know.

Regards,
Hung