[omniORB] Question Concerning Corba Server

Edward Lin edwardlin.tw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 23:27:03 GMT 2010

Yes, it is possible to implement an application via a known IDL file.
CORBA is a cross-language, cross-vendor, cross-platform and cross-OS
implementation. So you can definitely write an application by only
knowing the specified IDL file.

The only problem of your application is how the application get object
references to reach CORBA object. It depends on server implementation.
If the server bind object references to Name Server, you must know
object contexts to resolve references from Name Server; if the server
stringifies the references, you have to use string_to_object() to
convert the given string to reference. Of course, there are other
methods to expose server's object references. Generally speaking, the
former one is the most common method.

Get a CORBA/C++ bible  "Advanced CORBA Programming With C++" in
advance. It worths to pay.

Thanks,
Edward Lin