[omniORB] connecting a servant without IOR parameter (just IPaddress and TCP port) ?

Thomas Zumbiehl zumbiehl at bvassociates.fr
Tue Feb 16 16:27:40 GMT 2010

Or there's another way, avoiding the use of those and being cross-orb capable :
You juste need to stringify the top servant's IOR, create a socket on the server within a separate thread before entering the ORB's run method (which is blocking). That thread should wait for connections, send the stringified IOR, close the socket and get back on waiting.
That work for me fine for several years now, with both java and C++ clients.

This avoids you from implementing a name service. The only things the clients should now is the name ou address and port number of the server.

Thomas Zumbiehl
CTO
BV Associates
http://www.bvassociates.fr