[omniORB] wrapping all incoming calls

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Feb 4 16:20:41 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 02:14 -0600, Michael Kilburn wrote:

> I do not really like the idea of modifying omniORB code -- this will
> make it harder to update it later... But probably will have to resort
> to that.

You're right that it will make it harder to upgrade, but there's no
other way you can do what you want, I'm afraid.

> What about 'sendreply/sendexception' interceptor -- is it called in
> context of main thread (in case of MAIN_THREAD_MODEL) or send
> operation is delegated elsewhere (and interceptor is invoked on some
> random thread)?

They aren't invoked on a "random" thread -- they're invoked on the
thread that is going to perform the upcall into the application. EXCEPT
that in the main thread model, there is a thread switch to the main
thread just as the upcall is about to happen.

Regardless of that, you can't change the exception that's being returned
in the serverSendException interceptor, so you can't do that bit of what
you want anyway.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...