[omniORB] Naming Service IP Address

Piccoli, Joseph jpiccoli at tnsi.com
Wed Feb 3 15:26:09 GMT 2010

Hello all,

I am having a problem creating a NamingContext on Solaris. I create an initial context with the IP address of the machine running the omniNames server, which is not running on the same machine that my omniorb server is running. This works correctly. Next, I try to add a context to the initial context using bind_new_context( ). The response to this contains an IP address which is different from the one associated with the initial context. I do not know if this an omniNames or omniorb issue. Is there a means to force omniNames to always use the same IP address in establishing contexts? I have attempted various settings of the "endPontNoPublish", "endPointNoListen", "clientTransportRule", and "serverTransportRule" settings without success.

Thanks,
Joe Piccoli
Software Engineer
Telecommunication Services Division
Transaction Network Services, Inc.
Office: (360) 493-6208 | jpiccoli at tnsi.com<mailto:jpiccoli at tnsi.com>

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.