[omniORB] Help: Failed to initialise the ORB / POA: INITIALIZE_TransportError

maroli1 gautham.maroli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 22:26:44 GMT 2010

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 06:55 -0800, maroli1 wrote:
>
>> omniORB: Failed to bind to address :: port 14286. Address in use?
>> omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
>> giop:tcp::14286
>> Failed to initialise the ORB / POA: INITIALIZE_TransportError
>> Is omniNames already running?
>>
>> The RHEL machine were the omni was running was rebooted automatically for
>> unknown reasons. Before this happened the omni was running in the port
>> 14286
>> after the machine was rebooted, I checked the to see if the omni is
>> running
>> by grepping for the omni process and there is no omni process running
>
> Something else is probably listening on that port. Run
>
>   netstat -ltneep
>
> That will show you if something is listening on that port. If you run it
> as root, it will also tell you the process that's listening.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Duncan.
>
> --
>  -- Duncan Grisby         --
>   -- duncan at grisby.org     --
>    -- http://www.grisby.org --

Thank you. I was able to resolve the problem.
Before Machine reboot the omni was running on port 14286
After reboot, when i executed the command:
netstat -ltneep
I found that one of the cron job that was scheduled in this machine started
running in port 14286.
I terminated the process and was able to start omni in this port (14286)

Thanks again