[omniORB] Experience with dotnet (C#) and omniORB?

Martin B. 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Tue Dec 14 09:56:48 GMT 2010

Hi all!

I know there's IIOP.NET [1] and I have found an old posting of Duncan
[2], where: (Thu Dec 14 16:53:10 GMT 2006)
   > P.S. Yes, I know that there is also IIOP.NET.
   I would imagine that's a far more sensible way
   of doing CORBA work from C#.

Currently I can see two options for communicating btw. the dotnet part
of our system with the native C++ part:
* Either I use IIOP.NET
* Or, I make a native C++ DLL that handles the CORBA communication via
omniORB and define a custom interface for that DLL so that it can be
loaded and used by a managed app. (We already do this at one place, and
technically it isn't a problem, but obviously it is more maintenance work.)

I therefore wanted to ask any omniORB users if they could share (recent)
experience of interfacing native C++ CORBA with dotnet(C#) applications.

thanks!
- Martin

[1] IIOP.NET : http://iiop-net.sourceforge.net/

[2] "How to use omniORB from C# " :