[omniORB] omniORB 4.1.5?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Dec 8 12:31:24 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 22:22 +0100, Dirk O. Kaar wrote:

> Thomas Lockhart and I have agreed to supply the attached RPM spec files
> to Duncan Grisby for use in the 4_1 and trunk branches, respectively.
> Minor editing is required to address each current version number, but
> nothing else should cause any grief. The latest rpmlint in use by the
> openSUSE build service for "factory" builds has a few warnings still
> unaddressed, none of them appearing critical to me.

Thanks, Dirk. I tweaked them to be versions omniORB 4.1.5-1 and
omniORBpy 3.5-1, and checked them in to the 4_1 branch. I'll check the
equivalents in to trunk shortly.

These files have the effect that installing the servers package
automatically starts omniNames. I don't like that because I don't think
installing something should cause it to run. Do other server packages do
that?  Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter?