[omniORB] shared memory support in omniORB

Asif Habib asif_hbb at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 15:51:00 BST 2010

Hi list,

Is there any shared memory support in omniORB? I have come accross a paper by Sai Lai Lo, indicating that he has tested omniORB with transport via shared memory ("The Implementation of a High Performance ORB over Multiple Network Transports", 1998). However I am unable to find any comments regarding shared memory transport in the omniORB user guide.

In-fact I have scenario in which client and server should be located on two processors on the same board and be able to communicate with each other. One of these processors does not have tcp/ip available on it? How this kind of thing can be done if shared memory support is not there in the omniORB? Any suggestions would of great help.

Best Regards,
Asif