[omniORB] Java <-> Python error while narrowing

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Aug 9 12:31:55 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 19:46 +0200, Jannik Streek wrote:

> The python client connects with the orb without any problems.
> Unfortunately, if i'm trying to narrow the entry on Plugin (in java),
> i got the following error:
>
> ERROR : org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:   vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0
> completed: No

That means the Java side thinks the object reference does not support
the right interface.

> I read something about the bootstrap agent, but this didn't help.

That definitely has nothing to do with it.

Do you have any complex #includes in your IDL?  In particular, do you
ever use #include inside an IDL module?  The rules about how that
affects type names are complex, and I think the Java IDL compiler gets
it wrong.

Either way, run omniORB with -ORBtraceLevel 40 -ORBtraceInvocations 1 on
the command line. That will output lots of debugging information that
will show what the Java side is trying to do.