FW: [omniORB] Trouble building OmniOrb 4.1.4 on Linux

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Wed Apr 28 09:32:19 BST 2010

I can't recall ever having problems building for Linux. I'm guessing
that you might have some conflicts or an incomplete installation between
the (very old) default compiler and the (where did that come from?)
compiler you have installed in /binlib

Note that the "checking size of..." lines in your configure step all
report zero for the size of types. Does any other package using autoconf
actually build properly on your platform? I would think this issue is
not restricted to omniORB.

hth

                               - Tom

btw, congratulations on the best company signature I've seen in a while.
I think it requires that I destroy my computer for reading and answering
your email, at least if you think you did not intend to send the email
to me. Will await instructions... ;)