[omniORB] VS 2005 - OmniOrb 4.1.4 Linker Issue

jklein at rockwellcollins.com jklein at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Apr 23 11:31:22 BST 2010

I don't know how to respond to list-servers, hope this works.

Sampo,

I have a buddy that is also doing almost the same thing I am, except he is
using VS2008. He still gets the same linker warnings, but it runs on other
machines without issues. So maybe 2005 is the bad guy here. I checked all
his options and hey are almost identical, except he is missing
_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400;__NT__;__OSVERSION__=4.

Maybe if I can get a license of VS2008, my issues will go away. :( It
really would be nice if happen to recall if you was able to fix the crash
as I don't know if I can get a license.

Steve,

Yes. As I described, it seems to run on the machine that I compiled it on,
but crashes on others. I installed the .NET 2.x framework and the 2005
Visual C++ runtime that Microsoft says to on those machines to no avail.

All,

I've tried doing the debug and release mode builds. Both with the same
issues.

Thanks,
John